| Recherche au DRS » Hadrons et noyaux » CAN » Projets et systèmes de détections » DEMON » Characteristics
Dernière mise à jour : mercredi 12 octobre 2005, par
The n-γ discrimination is obtained by a pulse shape analysis by comparison of the slow component of the charge to the total one. A very good discrimination is obtained down to 150 keVee which corresponds to an energy of less than 1 MeV.
DEMON has a high intrinsic efficiency over a large energy range : 50% for a neutron of 10 MeV and still 30 to 40% at 50 MeV.
The energy of the neutrons is obtained by the measured time of flight which resolution is of 1.2 ns. The time of flight is corrected for the interaction distance inside the 20 cm deep cell.
The geometrical acceptance of DEMON is of about 4-5% of when the scintillators are at a distance of around 1.8 meters.
The cross-talk of DEMON is very low and becomes negligible when the distance between two adjacent cells is of 16 cm.
- The French-Belgian neutron multidetector facility : the DEMON project. - G.Bizard, Y.el Masri, F.Hanappe, B.Heusch, Nuclear Physics News 1, n°5(1991)15.
- Comparative study of new 130 mm diameter fast photomultipliers for neutron detectors. - M.Moszynski, G.J.Costa, G.Guillaume, B.Heusch, A.Huck and S.Mouatassim, Nuclear Instruments and Methods A307(1991)97.
- Study of n-γ discrimination by digital charge comparison method for a large volume liquid scintillator. - M.Moszynski, G.Bizard, G.J.Costa, D.Durand, Y.el Masri, G.Guillaume, F.Hanappe, B.Heusch, A.Huck, J.Péter, Ch.Ring and B.Tamain, Nuclear Instruments and Methods A317(1992)262.
- Identification of different reaction channels of high energy neutrons in liquid scintillators by the pulse shape discrimination method. - M.Moszynski, G.J.Costa, G.Guillaume, B.Heusch, A.Huck, S.Mouatassim, Y.el Masri, P.Leleux, P.Lipnik, I.Tilquin, F.Hanappe, G.Bizard, D.Durand, J.Péter and B.Tamain, Nuclear Instruments and Methods A343(1994)563.
- Study of n-γ discrimination with NE213 and BC501A liquid scintillators of different size. - M.Moszynski, G.J.Costa, G.Guillaume, B.Heusch, A.Huck, S.Mouatassim, Nuclear Instruments and Methods A350(1994)226.
- The light yield response of NE213 organic scintillators to charged particles resulting from neutron interactions. - S.Mouatassim, G.J.Costa, G.Guillaume, B.Heusch, A.Huck, M.Moszynski, Nuclear Instruments and Methods A359(1995)530.
- Detection efficiency of the neutron modular detector DEMON and related characteristics. - I.Tilquin, Y.el Masri, M.Parlog, Ph.Collon, M.Hadri, Th.Keutgen, J.Lehmann, P.Leleux, P.Lipnik, A.Ninane, F.Hanappe, G.Bizard, D.Durand, P.Mosrin, J.Péter, R.Régimbart, B.Tamain, Nuclear Instruments and Methods A365(1995)446.
- Contribution à la réalisation du DEtecteur MOdulaire de Neutrons [DEMON] : étude des performances par mesures et simulations. - S.Mouatassim, PhD Thesis, Université Louis Pasteur de Strasbourg, France, July 4, 1994 - CRN94-40, N°1838.