| Stratégie scientifique » Ecophysiologie Evolutive (EpE) » News of the EpE team
News of the EpE team
- Bergouignan A, Latouche C, Heywood S, Grace MS, Reddy-Luthmoodoo M, Natoli AK, Owen N, Dunstan DW, Kingwell BA. Frequent interruptions of sedentary time modulates contraction- and insulin-stimulated glucose uptake pathways in muscle : Ancillary analysis from randomized clinical trials. Sci Rep. 2016 ; 6:32044.
- Bergouignan A, Stein TP, Habold C, Coxam V, O’Gorman D, Blanc S. Towards human exploration of space : The THESEUS review series on nutrition and metabolism research priorities. npj Microgravity. 2016 ; 2:16029.
- Duboscq, J., Romano, V., MacIntosh, A.J.J., Sueur, C. 2016. Social Information Transmission in Animals : Lessons from Studies of Diffusion. Frontiers in Psychology, 7:1147
- Quentin Schull, Vincent A. Viblanc, Antoine Stier, Hédi Saadaoui, Émilie Lefol, François Criscuolo, Pierre Bize, Jean-Patrice Robin. 2016. The oxidative debt of fasting : evidence for short to medium-term costs of advanced fasting in adult king penguins. Journal of Experimental Biology doi : 10.1242/jeb.145250
- Rimbach, R., R. Willigenburg, I. Schoepf, C. H. Yuen, N. Pillay, and C. Schradin. 2016. Young But Not Old Adult African Striped Mice Reduce Their Activity in the Dry Season When Food Availability is Low. Ethology:n/a-n/a.
- Pelé, M., Bonnefoy, A., Sueur. C. 2016. Interspecies sexual behaviour between a Japanese macaque male and a sika deer female. International Primatological Society Congress, August, 21-26, Chicago, USA.
- Romano V, Duboscq J, Sueur C, MacIntosh AJJ. Social networks as a trade-off between information and disease transmission : simulating epidemics through primate social groups. Poster presentation at the meeting of the International Primatological Society and the American Society of Primatologists. Chicago, USA. August 25, 2016.
- Sueur, C. 2016. Social tolerance affects group network structure and decision-making in macaques. International Primatological Society Congress, August, 21-26, Chicago, USA
- Francois Criscuolo presented at the University of Strasbourg http://www.canalc2.tv/video/14189
- Audrey Bergouignan. Invited talk at the Physiology Society Congress, July 29th 2016, Dublin Ireland. Symposium : ‘Can you outrun a bad diet ?’, Is energy expenditure a key regulatory factor of fat metabolism ?
- Audrey Bergouignan. Invited talk at the Physiology Society Congress, July 30th 2016, Dublin Ireland. Symposium : ‘Physiological approaches to study the science of human sedentariness’, Effect of frequent interruptions of sedentary activity on metabolic flexibility in overweight adults.
- Romano V. Social networks as trade-off between optimal information transmission and reduced disease transmission. Institut Pluridisciplinaire Hubert Curien CNRS, BEEPS Seminars. 01/07/2016.
- Romano V, Duboscq J, Sueur C, MacIntosh A. Social networks as trade-off between optimal information transmission and reduced disease transmission. Complex Networks : from theory to interdisciplinary applications. 11-13/07/2016, Marseilles, France. Poster presentation.
- Marion Chatelain, a post-doc, got just a Marie Curie grant to work together with Sylvie Massemin on : Trace metal effects on wild great tit Parus major oxidative stress and fitness in a gradient of urbanisation
- Valéria Romano and Ivan Puga-Gonzalez attended the conference "Complex Networks : from theory to interdisciplinary applications". 11-13/07/2016, Marseilles, France.
- Borgeaud, C., Sosa, S., Sueur, C., Bshary, R., Van der Waal, E. 2016. Intergroup variation of social relationships in wild vervet monkeys : a dynamic network approach. Frontiers in Psychology, in press. doi : 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00915
- Nater, C. R., Canale, C. I., Benthem, K. J. V., Yuen, C.-H., Schoepf, I., Pillay, N., Ozgul, A. & Schradin, C. 2016. Interactive effects of exogenous and endogenous factors on demographic rates of an African rodent. Oikos
- Récapet C, Zahariev A, Blanc S, Arrivé M, Criscuolo F, Bize P and Doligez B (2016) Differences in the oxidative balance of dispersing and non-dispersing individuals : an experimental approach in a passerine bird. BMC Evolutionary Biology, 16:125.
- Viblanc, V., Pasquaretta, C., Sueur, C., Boonstra, R., Dobson, S.F. 2016. Aggression in ground squirrels : relationships with age, kinship, energy allocation and fitness. Behavioral Ecology, in press. doi : 10.1093/beheco/arw098
- Bergouignan A. The known unknown : Confounding factors in metabolism during bed rest studies. 2016 International Society for Gravitational Physiology, Toulouse, France.
- Bergouignan A. Effect of frequent interruptions on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in overweight adults. Symposium 2016 American College of Sport Medicine, World Congress on the Basic Science of Energy Balance, June 2016, Boston, MA.
- Bergouignan A, DeJong N, Rynders C, Melanson EL, Bessesen D. Effect of frequent interruptions on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in overweight adults. 2016 American College of Sport Medicine, World Congress on the Basic Science of Energy Balance, Thematic poster session : Energy balance, Innovative strategy, June 2016, Boston, MA.
- Bergouignan, A. Get Up, Stand Up, Stand Up for your Health ! Prevention of sedentary behaviors to improve metabolic health. Institut Pluridisciplinaire Hubert Curien CNRS, BEEPS Seminars, 17th June 2016, Strasbourg, France.
- F. Bertile, I. Chery, S. Brunberg, A. Evans, J. Arnemo, P. Taberlet, G. Gauquelin-Koch, C. Simon, E. Lefai, L. Humbert, D. Rainteau and S. Blanc. Bile acids during dormancy in brown bears. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- F. Bertile, A. Ziemianin, I. Chery, M. Arrivé, G. Tascher, S. Brunberg, A. Evans, J. Arnemo, J. Swenson, G. Gauquelin-Koch, M. Prost, E. Lefai, C. Simon, and S. Blanc. Oxidative stress in hibernating brown bears. Oral presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- I. Chery, S. Giroud, F. Bertile, G. Tascher, G. Gauquelin-Koch, JM Arnemo, JE Swenson, N Singh, E Lefai, C Simon, S Blanc, AL Evans. Lipid composition of free-ranging hibernating brown bears. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Criscuolo F. Quand les temps chronologique, biologique et géologique se télescopent… Colloque Interdisciplinaire « Le Temps », Université de Strasbourg, 9-10 juin 2016, Strasbourg France http://temps.unistra.fr/ (a video on line should be available soon)
- Damiot A, Demangel R , Brioche T , Pagano A , Crampes F, Lefai E , O’Gorman D , Chopard A , Chery I, Zahariev A, Normand S , Drai J, Collin-Chavagnac D, Gauquelin-Koch G , Pros M, Simon P, Py G , Bergouignan A, Simon C, Blanc S. A dietary anti-oxidant cocktail supplementation as a new countermeasure against musculo-skeletal system and metabolic alterations induced by physical inactivity in humans. 2016 International Society of Gravitational Physiology Congress, June 2016, Toulouse, France.
- AL Evans, I. Chery, F. Bertile, G. Tascher, G. Gauquelin-Koch, JM Arnemo, JE Swenson, E. Lefai, C. Simon, S. Blanc. Metabolism of eicosanoids in free-ranging hibernating brown bears. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- E. Lefai, S. Chanon, B. Toubhans, I. Chery, G. Tascher, E. Meugnier, C. Durand, M. Robert, A. Evans, J. Arnemo, J. Swenson, G. Gauquelin-Koch, S. Blanc, C. Simon, and F. Bertile. Effects of winter bear serum on cultured human muscle cells. Oral presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Sueur C. : Understanding the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of network dynamicsin animal societies. Dynamic networks workshop, 21-24/06/16, Toulouse
- G. Tascher, P. Maes, A. van Dorsselaer, G. Gauquelin-Koch, S. Blanc, and F. Bertile. Quantitative proteomics of mouse skeletal muscles after 30 days of microgravity on the BION-M1 biosatellite. Poster presentation at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry Annual Conference 2016, 5-9.06.2015, San Antonio, Texas
- G. Tascher, P. Maes, A. van Dorsselaer, G. Gauquelin-Koch, S. Blanc, and F. Bertile. Quantitative proteomics of mouse skeletal muscles after 30 days spaceflight on the BION-M1 biosatellite
- Oral presentation at the ESA / ISGP / CNES Joint Life Sciences Meeting 2016 (37th Annual International Gravitational Physiology Meeting and 14th European Life Sciences Symposium), 5-10.06.2015, Toulouse, France
- G. Tascher, I. Chery, A. Ziemianin, M. Plumel, A. Evans, J. Arnemo, G. Gauquelin-Koch, J. Kindberg, E. Lefai, C. Simon, A. Van Dorsselaer, S. Blanc, F. Bertile. Omics characterization of muscle responses to inactivity in brown bears during dormancy. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- C. Simon, M. Arrivé, I. Chery, AL Evans, G. Tascher, G. Gauquelin-Koch, JM Arnemo, JE Swenson, E. Lefai, F. Bertile, S. Blanc. Endogenous lipoprotein metabolism in free-ranging hibernating brown bears. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Prof Tony D Williams from Simon Fraser University gave a BEEP seminar the 24th of June and was the DEPE’s guest from the 24th of June until the 1st of July thanks to a PICs grant based on a collaboration with F Criscuolo on maternal effects and ageing in birds.
- Bergouignan A. Occupational & Environmental Health & Safety award of the Colorado School of Public Health, The Mountains and Plains Education and Research Center (MAP ERC), $15,000 – 2 years. Microbouts of activity to combat sitting disease in office workers
- Kestens Y, Chaix B, Gerber P, Desprès M, Gauvin L, Klein O, Klein S, Köppen B, Lord S, Naud A, Payette H, Richard L, Rondier P, Shareck M, Sueur C, Thierry B, Vallée J, Wasfi R. 2016. Understanding the role of contrasting urban contexts in healthy aging : An international cohort study using wearable sensor devices (The CURHA study protocol). BMC Geriatrics, 16 : 96. DOI : 10.1186/s12877-016-0273-76.
- Rymer, T. L., N. Pillay, and C. Schradin. 2016. Resilience to Droughts in Mammals : A Conceptual Framework for Estimating Vulnerability of a Single Species. The Quarterly Review of Biology 91:133-176.
- Yuen, C. H., N. Pillay, M. Heinrichs, I. Schoepf, and C. Schradin. 2016. Personality traits are consistent when measured in the field and in the laboratory in African striped mice (Rhabdomys pumilio). Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology:1-12.
- Meyer X.. Does complexity in behavioral organization allow penguins to adapt to changes in their environment ? Rencontres Prédateurs Supérieurs Marins (CEBC-Observatoire PELAGIS), Villiers-en-Bois, France, May 23 2016. Oral Presentation.
- Marie Pelé, Cédric Sueur. 2016. Importance du milieu de vie pour le bien-être des animaux maintenus en captivité, Salon International du Bien-être animal. Dour Belgique
- Pasquaretta, C, Klenschi, E., Pansanel, J., Battesti, M., Mery, F., Sueur, C. 2016. Understanding dynamics of information transmission in Drosophila melanogaster using a statistical modeling framework for longitudinal network data (the RSiena package). Frontiers in Psychologys
- Naud, A., Chailleux, E., Kestens, Y., Bret, C., Desjardins, D., Petit, O., Ngoubangoye, B., Sueur, C. 2016. Relations Between Spatial Distribution, Social Affiliations And Dominance Hierarchy In A Semi-Free Mandrill Population. Frontiers in Psychology
- Valéria Romano obtained a travel grant from GDR ARSHS (Analyse de Réseaux en Sciences Humaines et Sociales) to attend the conference “Complex Networks : from theory to interdisciplinary applications” on July 11-13, 2016 - Marseilles, France.
- F Criscuolo gets, in the name of the DEPE, an Idex “AAP Research” grant of 37 k Euros from the University of Strasbourg. The support is devoted to the renewal of lab material.
- Hanna Kokko (University of Zurich) presented at the BEEPSS and visited the EPE / DEPE the 22nd of March.
- Shimada Masaki, Teikyo University of Science, Uenohara • Animal Sciences, Japan, April the 29th to May the 6th
- Brunner, P., I. Schoepf, C. H. Yuen, B. König, and C. Schradin. 2016. Does a mouse have a friend ? Mixed evidence for individual recognition in the African striped mouse (Rhabdomys pumilio). Journal of Zoology.
- Maille, A., and C. Schradin. 2016. Ecophysiology of cognition : How do environmentally induced changes in physiology affect cognitive performance ? Biological Reviews:n/a-n/a.
- Philippe, S.A., Jeanson, R., Pasquaretta, C., Rebaudo, F., Sueur, C., Mery, F. 2016. Genetic variation in aggregation behaviour and interacting phenotypes in Drosophila. Proceedings of the Royal Society, Series B : Biological Sciences, 20152967. http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/283/1827/20152967.full?ijkey=LEzBpb8jIkduGGG&keytype=ref
- Romano, V., Duboscq, J., Sarabian, C., Thomas, E., Sueur, C., MacIntosh, A.J.J. 2016. Modelling infection transmission in primate networks to predict centrality-based risk. American Journal of Primatology, in press : http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajp.22542/abstract
- Pasquaretta, C., Battesti, M., Klenschi, E., Bousquet, C., Sueur, C., Mery, F. 2016. How social network structure affects decision-making in Drosophila melanogaster. Proceedings of the Royal Society, Series B : Biological Sciences, 283 20152954 ; http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/283/1826/20152954
- Schradin, C. 30. March 2016. Physiological and behavioral flexibility in the African striped mouse (Rhabdomys pumilio) : adaptations to droughts. Research Institute of Wildlife Ecology, Veterinary University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
- Japanese Monkeys Like to Socialize, Even With Nits to Pick, ScienceTake, The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/science/japanese-monkeys-like-to-socialize-even-with-nits-to-pick.html?smid=tw-nytimesscience&smtyp=cur
- Popular Female Macaques Have Less Lice, National Geographic, https://www.facebook.com/natgeo/videos/10153510593613951/
- Ce que les macaques nous apprennent des réseaux sociaux, Université de Strasbourg, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI4PiCKhnFc
- Brève INEE, En direct des laboratoires, 29 mars 2016 : Interactions sociales : quand les drosophiles font le buzz
- A. Bergouignan obtained a PEPS BLANCdu CNRS INEE grant to investigate hibernating sleep in brown bears and European hamsters within several collaboartions.
- S. Massemim, Mireille Del Nero, and Anne Boos obtained a PEPS grant FaiDoRa du CNRS to study the effect of pollutants on-great tits.
- X. Meyer got a travel grant to Australia from the Embassy of France in Australia throughout the 2016 Scientific mobilisation program in order to meet collaborators there (Andre Chiaradia from the Phillip Island Nature Parks and Ben Raymond from the Australian Antarctic Division).
- Cédric Sueur was awarded a CNRS Interdisciplinary mission grant “Cognitive and Social Sciences for Collective Behaviours”
- François CRISCUOLO, Carsten SCHRADIN, Anders Pape MØLLER
- Duboscq, J., Romano, V., Sueur, C., MacIntosh, A.J.J. 2016. Network centrality and seasonality interact to predict lice load in a social primate. Nature Scientific Reports, 6, Article number : 22095 (2016) doi :10.1038/srep22095
- Ramos A., Petit O., Longour P., Pasquaretta C., Sueur C. 2016. Understanding space use and movement patterns in a herd of European Bison(Bison bonasus) to improve species conservation. Plos One 11(2) : e0147404.
- Puga-Gonzales, I. Social Networks in an individual-based model of primate social behaviour. BEEPPS, 26th February 2016, Strasbourg, France.
- The Master 2 students Julie Pavie, Marina Legout, Elise Debergue, Cedric Kuntz, Caroline Bellut, and Iris Prinot presented their research topics to the DEPE the 25th of February 2016.
- Valéria Romano was awarded a JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship to work for one year in Japan.
- Benoit Letang : Benoit just get a CIFRE grant to begin a new PhD on Management of the Western Lowland gorilla European Endangered species Plan with Cédric Sueur and Jean-Pascal Guéry (Vallée des singes) as supervisors. He visited the EPE end of February.
- Prof F S Dobson visited the DEPE the 23-24th of February to discuss about research projects related to social network analysis with V Viblanc, C Sueur, and F Criscuolo.