| Stratégie scientifique » Ecophysiologie Evolutive (EpE) » News of the EpE team
News of the EpE team
- Duboscq, J., Romano, V., Sueur, C., MacIntosh, A.J.J. 2016. Scratch that itch : revisiting links between self-directed behaviour and parasitological, social and environmental factors in a free-ranging primate. Royal Society Open Science, in press
- Mallarino, R., Henegar, C., Mirasierra, Manceau, M., Schradin, C., Vallejo. M., Beronja, S., Barsh, G.S., Hoekstra, H.E : accept. Alx3 regulates the spatial differences in hair pigment underlying stripe patterns in rodents. Nature, 539, 518-523.
- Rimbach, R., M. Wastavino, C. H. Yuen, N. Pillay, and C. Schradin. 2016. Contrasting activity budgets of alternative reproductive tactics in male striped mice. Journal of Zoology
- Rojas E., Sueur C., Henry PY., Wey G., Groupe Cigognes France, Dehorter O., Doligez B., Massemin-Challet S. 2016. Network analysis shows asymmetrical flows within a bird metapopulation, Plos One, in press
- Sandrine Zahn, engineer of the EpE team and running the Molecular Biology laboratory, represented the DEPE at the annual “Telomere Workshop” meeting held in Edinburg the 1st to 3rd November. This international workshop was organized by Prof Pat Monaghan and Dr Dan Nussey (Glasgow and Edinburg Universities).
- Sueur, C. La culture et les traditions chez les singes du Japon, Maison de la Culture du Japon à Paris, 25 octobre 2016
- Sueur, C. Fonction and Evolution of social networks in animals, seminar, Workshop Aggregation, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 18/11/2016
- Pasquaretta C, Klenschi E, Pansanel J, Battesti M, Mery, F, Sueur C. 2016. Interaction network dynamics and information transmission in drosophila. Journées SUCCES, Rencontes Scientifiques des Utilisateurs de Calcul Intensif, de Cloud et de Stockage. Paris Novembre, 27.
- Masaki SHIMADA, Cédric Sueur "Juvenile Japanese macaques not only groom each other but also play socially to strengthen their social ties" in 36th Annual conference of Japan Ethological Society, November 11 -13, 2016, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
- Audrey Bergouignan : Création d’un LIA entre l’unité CNRS IPHC-DEPE UMR7178 et l’ University of Colorado, Anschutz Health & Wellness Center, Division of Endocrinology approuvée par l’INEE.
- Audrey Bergouignan : University of Colorado CCTSI Microgrant ($20k) en complément du LIA.
- Neville Pillay with Carsten Schradin as main collaborator : Social Flexibility in an Unpredictable Environment : Geographic, Seasonal and Historical Unpredictability of a South African Biodiversity Hotspot. National Research Foundation, South Africa. 3 years grant to run research costs at the Succulent Karoo Research Station and to pay for 1 postdoc.
- ALain Barrat, Invited by Cédric Sueur, Seminar on networks and bio-logging in human beings, 04/11/16
- Dr Michael Beaulieu from Greifswald University gave a BEEP seminar the 10th of November and the guest of the EpE team. After doing his PhD in the DEPE in 2009, he succeeded in finding a long-term postdoc position in Germany, working on environmental and social effects on individual fitness, via the implication of oxidative stress.
- Gastebois C, Villars C, Drai J, Canet-Soulas E, Blanc S, Bergouignan A, Lefai E, Simon C. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2016 Sep 8. PMID : 27632382
- Bergouignan A, Legget K, DeJong D,Kealey E, Nikolovski J, Groppel J, Jordan J, O’Dea R, Hill JO, Bessesen DH. Effect of frequent interruptions of prolonged sitting on self-perceived levels of energy, mood, food cravings and cognitive function. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 13:113. DOI : 10.1186/s12966-0160437-z
- The EpE team welcomes Nicolas Bassin, Master II degree 2016 from University of Besançon, for a CDD contract of 1 month, working in the biochemistry laboratory on the oxidative cost of thermoregulation in black tits. This is the continuation of a collaboration with Prof F Vézina, Uqar University, Canada.
- Delhaye, J, Salamin N, Roulin A, Criscuolo F, Bize P and Christe P. Inter-specific correlation between red blood cell mitochondrial ROS production, cardiolipin content and longevity in birds. Age, in press. DOI 10.1007/s11357-016-9940-z,
- Maille, A., and C. Schradin. 2016. Survival is linked with reaction time and spatial memory in African striped mice. Biology Letters 12.
- V. Romano, C. Sueur & A. MacIntosh. Social networks as a trade-off between information and disease transmission : simulating epidemics through primate social groups. Oral presentation at the PWS Symposium, Kyoto University. Japan. September 14th.
- V. Romano started a 6.5-months visiting position at the Wildlife Research Center, Kyoto University, under the supervision of Andrew MacIntosh. Project : "Targeted vaccination in disease outbreaks : a comparative study of transmission networks in primates".
- V. Romano attended the 6th International Symposium on Primatology and Wildlife Science and the 5th CCT-Bio International Workshop on Tropical Biodiversity and Conservation. Kyoto University. September 13-15th.
- Bergouignan A, Latouche C, Heywood S, Grace MS, Reddy-Luthmoodoo M, Natoli AK, Owen N, Dunstan DW, Kingwell BA. Frequent interruptions of sedentary time modulates contraction- and insulin-stimulated glucose uptake pathways in muscle : Ancillary analysis from randomized clinical trials. Sci Rep. 2016 ; 6:32044.
- Bergouignan A, Stein TP, Habold C, Coxam V, O’Gorman D, Blanc S. Towards human exploration of space : The THESEUS review series on nutrition and metabolism research priorities. npj Microgravity. 2016 ; 2:16029.
- Duboscq, J., Romano, V., MacIntosh, A.J.J., Sueur, C. 2016. Social Information Transmission in Animals : Lessons from Studies of Diffusion. Frontiers in Psychology, 7:1147
- Quentin Schull, Vincent A. Viblanc, Antoine Stier, Hédi Saadaoui, Émilie Lefol, François Criscuolo, Pierre Bize, Jean-Patrice Robin. 2016. The oxidative debt of fasting : evidence for short to medium-term costs of advanced fasting in adult king penguins. Journal of Experimental Biology doi : 10.1242/jeb.145250
- Rimbach, R., R. Willigenburg, I. Schoepf, C. H. Yuen, N. Pillay, and C. Schradin. 2016. Young But Not Old Adult African Striped Mice Reduce Their Activity in the Dry Season When Food Availability is Low. Ethology:n/a-n/a.
- Pelé, M., Bonnefoy, A., Sueur. C. 2016. Interspecies sexual behaviour between a Japanese macaque male and a sika deer female. International Primatological Society Congress, August, 21-26, Chicago, USA.
- Romano V, Duboscq J, Sueur C, MacIntosh AJJ. Social networks as a trade-off between information and disease transmission : simulating epidemics through primate social groups. Poster presentation at the meeting of the International Primatological Society and the American Society of Primatologists. Chicago, USA. August 25, 2016.
- Sueur, C. 2016. Social tolerance affects group network structure and decision-making in macaques. International Primatological Society Congress, August, 21-26, Chicago, USA
- Francois Criscuolo presented at the University of Strasbourg http://www.canalc2.tv/video/14189
- Audrey Bergouignan. Invited talk at the Physiology Society Congress, July 29th 2016, Dublin Ireland. Symposium : ‘Can you outrun a bad diet ?’, Is energy expenditure a key regulatory factor of fat metabolism ?
- Audrey Bergouignan. Invited talk at the Physiology Society Congress, July 30th 2016, Dublin Ireland. Symposium : ‘Physiological approaches to study the science of human sedentariness’, Effect of frequent interruptions of sedentary activity on metabolic flexibility in overweight adults.
- Romano V. Social networks as trade-off between optimal information transmission and reduced disease transmission. Institut Pluridisciplinaire Hubert Curien CNRS, BEEPS Seminars. 01/07/2016.
- Romano V, Duboscq J, Sueur C, MacIntosh A. Social networks as trade-off between optimal information transmission and reduced disease transmission. Complex Networks : from theory to interdisciplinary applications. 11-13/07/2016, Marseilles, France. Poster presentation.
- Marion Chatelain, a post-doc, got just a Marie Curie grant to work together with Sylvie Massemin on : Trace metal effects on wild great tit Parus major oxidative stress and fitness in a gradient of urbanisation
- Valéria Romano and Ivan Puga-Gonzalez attended the conference "Complex Networks : from theory to interdisciplinary applications". 11-13/07/2016, Marseilles, France.
- Borgeaud, C., Sosa, S., Sueur, C., Bshary, R., Van der Waal, E. 2016. Intergroup variation of social relationships in wild vervet monkeys : a dynamic network approach. Frontiers in Psychology, in press. doi : 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00915
- Nater, C. R., Canale, C. I., Benthem, K. J. V., Yuen, C.-H., Schoepf, I., Pillay, N., Ozgul, A. & Schradin, C. 2016. Interactive effects of exogenous and endogenous factors on demographic rates of an African rodent. Oikos
- Récapet C, Zahariev A, Blanc S, Arrivé M, Criscuolo F, Bize P and Doligez B (2016) Differences in the oxidative balance of dispersing and non-dispersing individuals : an experimental approach in a passerine bird. BMC Evolutionary Biology, 16:125.
- Viblanc, V., Pasquaretta, C., Sueur, C., Boonstra, R., Dobson, S.F. 2016. Aggression in ground squirrels : relationships with age, kinship, energy allocation and fitness. Behavioral Ecology, in press. doi : 10.1093/beheco/arw098
- Bergouignan A. The known unknown : Confounding factors in metabolism during bed rest studies. 2016 International Society for Gravitational Physiology, Toulouse, France.
- Bergouignan A. Effect of frequent interruptions on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in overweight adults. Symposium 2016 American College of Sport Medicine, World Congress on the Basic Science of Energy Balance, June 2016, Boston, MA.
- Bergouignan A, DeJong N, Rynders C, Melanson EL, Bessesen D. Effect of frequent interruptions on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in overweight adults. 2016 American College of Sport Medicine, World Congress on the Basic Science of Energy Balance, Thematic poster session : Energy balance, Innovative strategy, June 2016, Boston, MA.
- Bergouignan, A. Get Up, Stand Up, Stand Up for your Health ! Prevention of sedentary behaviors to improve metabolic health. Institut Pluridisciplinaire Hubert Curien CNRS, BEEPS Seminars, 17th June 2016, Strasbourg, France.
- F. Bertile, I. Chery, S. Brunberg, A. Evans, J. Arnemo, P. Taberlet, G. Gauquelin-Koch, C. Simon, E. Lefai, L. Humbert, D. Rainteau and S. Blanc. Bile acids during dormancy in brown bears. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- F. Bertile, A. Ziemianin, I. Chery, M. Arrivé, G. Tascher, S. Brunberg, A. Evans, J. Arnemo, J. Swenson, G. Gauquelin-Koch, M. Prost, E. Lefai, C. Simon, and S. Blanc. Oxidative stress in hibernating brown bears. Oral presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- I. Chery, S. Giroud, F. Bertile, G. Tascher, G. Gauquelin-Koch, JM Arnemo, JE Swenson, N Singh, E Lefai, C Simon, S Blanc, AL Evans. Lipid composition of free-ranging hibernating brown bears. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Criscuolo F. Quand les temps chronologique, biologique et géologique se télescopent… Colloque Interdisciplinaire « Le Temps », Université de Strasbourg, 9-10 juin 2016, Strasbourg France http://temps.unistra.fr/ (a video on line should be available soon)
- Damiot A, Demangel R , Brioche T , Pagano A , Crampes F, Lefai E , O’Gorman D , Chopard A , Chery I, Zahariev A, Normand S , Drai J, Collin-Chavagnac D, Gauquelin-Koch G , Pros M, Simon P, Py G , Bergouignan A, Simon C, Blanc S. A dietary anti-oxidant cocktail supplementation as a new countermeasure against musculo-skeletal system and metabolic alterations induced by physical inactivity in humans. 2016 International Society of Gravitational Physiology Congress, June 2016, Toulouse, France.
- AL Evans, I. Chery, F. Bertile, G. Tascher, G. Gauquelin-Koch, JM Arnemo, JE Swenson, E. Lefai, C. Simon, S. Blanc. Metabolism of eicosanoids in free-ranging hibernating brown bears. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- E. Lefai, S. Chanon, B. Toubhans, I. Chery, G. Tascher, E. Meugnier, C. Durand, M. Robert, A. Evans, J. Arnemo, J. Swenson, G. Gauquelin-Koch, S. Blanc, C. Simon, and F. Bertile. Effects of winter bear serum on cultured human muscle cells. Oral presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Sueur C. : Understanding the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of network dynamicsin animal societies. Dynamic networks workshop, 21-24/06/16, Toulouse
- G. Tascher, P. Maes, A. van Dorsselaer, G. Gauquelin-Koch, S. Blanc, and F. Bertile. Quantitative proteomics of mouse skeletal muscles after 30 days of microgravity on the BION-M1 biosatellite. Poster presentation at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry Annual Conference 2016, 5-9.06.2015, San Antonio, Texas
- G. Tascher, P. Maes, A. van Dorsselaer, G. Gauquelin-Koch, S. Blanc, and F. Bertile. Quantitative proteomics of mouse skeletal muscles after 30 days spaceflight on the BION-M1 biosatellite
- Oral presentation at the ESA / ISGP / CNES Joint Life Sciences Meeting 2016 (37th Annual International Gravitational Physiology Meeting and 14th European Life Sciences Symposium), 5-10.06.2015, Toulouse, France
- G. Tascher, I. Chery, A. Ziemianin, M. Plumel, A. Evans, J. Arnemo, G. Gauquelin-Koch, J. Kindberg, E. Lefai, C. Simon, A. Van Dorsselaer, S. Blanc, F. Bertile. Omics characterization of muscle responses to inactivity in brown bears during dormancy. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- C. Simon, M. Arrivé, I. Chery, AL Evans, G. Tascher, G. Gauquelin-Koch, JM Arnemo, JE Swenson, E. Lefai, F. Bertile, S. Blanc. Endogenous lipoprotein metabolism in free-ranging hibernating brown bears. Poster presentations at the 24th International Conference on Bear Research and Management, 12-16.06.2015, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Prof Tony D Williams from Simon Fraser University gave a BEEP seminar the 24th of June and was the DEPE’s guest from the 24th of June until the 1st of July thanks to a PICs grant based on a collaboration with F Criscuolo on maternal effects and ageing in birds.
- Bergouignan A. Occupational & Environmental Health & Safety award of the Colorado School of Public Health, The Mountains and Plains Education and Research Center (MAP ERC), $15,000 – 2 years. Microbouts of activity to combat sitting disease in office workers