| Stratégie scientifique » Ecophysiologie Evolutive (EpE) » News of the EpE team
News of the EpE team
- Fyssen Foundation Research Grant to VA Viblanc. Effects of the social environment on individual stress and ageing : a social network approach in Columbian ground squirrels
- Duboscq, J., Romano, V., Sueur, C., MacIntosh, A.J.J. 2016. Scratch that itch : revisiting links between self-directed behaviour and parasitological, social and environmental factors in a free-ranging primate. Royal Society Open Science, in press
- Mallarino, R., Henegar, C., Mirasierra, Manceau, M., Schradin, C., Vallejo. M., Beronja, S., Barsh, G.S., Hoekstra, H.E : accept. Alx3 regulates the spatial differences in hair pigment underlying stripe patterns in rodents. Nature, 539, 518-523.
- Rimbach, R., M. Wastavino, C. H. Yuen, N. Pillay, and C. Schradin. 2016. Contrasting activity budgets of alternative reproductive tactics in male striped mice. Journal of Zoology
- Rojas E., Sueur C., Henry PY., Wey G., Groupe Cigognes France, Dehorter O., Doligez B., Massemin-Challet S. 2016. Network analysis shows asymmetrical flows within a bird metapopulation, Plos One, in press
- Sandrine Zahn, engineer of the EpE team and running the Molecular Biology laboratory, represented the DEPE at the annual “Telomere Workshop” meeting held in Edinburg the 1st to 3rd November. This international workshop was organized by Prof Pat Monaghan and Dr Dan Nussey (Glasgow and Edinburg Universities).
- Sueur, C. La culture et les traditions chez les singes du Japon, Maison de la Culture du Japon à Paris, 25 octobre 2016
- Sueur, C. Fonction and Evolution of social networks in animals, seminar, Workshop Aggregation, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 18/11/2016
- Pasquaretta C, Klenschi E, Pansanel J, Battesti M, Mery, F, Sueur C. 2016. Interaction network dynamics and information transmission in drosophila. Journées SUCCES, Rencontes Scientifiques des Utilisateurs de Calcul Intensif, de Cloud et de Stockage. Paris Novembre, 27.
- Masaki SHIMADA, Cédric Sueur "Juvenile Japanese macaques not only groom each other but also play socially to strengthen their social ties" in 36th Annual conference of Japan Ethological Society, November 11 -13, 2016, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
- Audrey Bergouignan : Création d’un LIA entre l’unité CNRS IPHC-DEPE UMR7178 et l’ University of Colorado, Anschutz Health & Wellness Center, Division of Endocrinology approuvée par l’INEE.
- Audrey Bergouignan : University of Colorado CCTSI Microgrant ($20k) en complément du LIA.
- Neville Pillay with Carsten Schradin as main collaborator : Social Flexibility in an Unpredictable Environment : Geographic, Seasonal and Historical Unpredictability of a South African Biodiversity Hotspot. National Research Foundation, South Africa. 3 years grant to run research costs at the Succulent Karoo Research Station and to pay for 1 postdoc.
- ALain Barrat, Invited by Cédric Sueur, Seminar on networks and bio-logging in human beings, 04/11/16
- Dr Michael Beaulieu from Greifswald University gave a BEEP seminar the 10th of November and the guest of the EpE team. After doing his PhD in the DEPE in 2009, he succeeded in finding a long-term postdoc position in Germany, working on environmental and social effects on individual fitness, via the implication of oxidative stress.
- Gastebois C, Villars C, Drai J, Canet-Soulas E, Blanc S, Bergouignan A, Lefai E, Simon C. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2016 Sep 8. PMID : 27632382
- Bergouignan A, Legget K, DeJong D,Kealey E, Nikolovski J, Groppel J, Jordan J, O’Dea R, Hill JO, Bessesen DH. Effect of frequent interruptions of prolonged sitting on self-perceived levels of energy, mood, food cravings and cognitive function. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 13:113. DOI : 10.1186/s12966-0160437-z
- The EpE team welcomes Nicolas Bassin, Master II degree 2016 from University of Besançon, for a CDD contract of 1 month, working in the biochemistry laboratory on the oxidative cost of thermoregulation in black tits. This is the continuation of a collaboration with Prof F Vézina, Uqar University, Canada.
- Delhaye, J, Salamin N, Roulin A, Criscuolo F, Bize P and Christe P. Inter-specific correlation between red blood cell mitochondrial ROS production, cardiolipin content and longevity in birds. Age, in press. DOI 10.1007/s11357-016-9940-z,
- Maille, A., and C. Schradin. 2016. Survival is linked with reaction time and spatial memory in African striped mice. Biology Letters 12.
- V. Romano, C. Sueur & A. MacIntosh. Social networks as a trade-off between information and disease transmission : simulating epidemics through primate social groups. Oral presentation at the PWS Symposium, Kyoto University. Japan. September 14th.
- V. Romano started a 6.5-months visiting position at the Wildlife Research Center, Kyoto University, under the supervision of Andrew MacIntosh. Project : "Targeted vaccination in disease outbreaks : a comparative study of transmission networks in primates".
- V. Romano attended the 6th International Symposium on Primatology and Wildlife Science and the 5th CCT-Bio International Workshop on Tropical Biodiversity and Conservation. Kyoto University. September 13-15th.